The A5 Rig Light Jacket, a lightweight alternative to our standard Rig Jacket, is designed for active use in warmer weather. The durable 4-way stretch nylon shell protects you from the wind and rain, while remaining breathable for moisture transport. Wear the A5 Rig Light Jacket if you need lightweight durability for active use in warmer climates.
- Zippered bicep pockets with loop
- Zippered left chest pocket
- Hook and loop wrist adjustment
- Zippered hand pockets
- Berry Compliant
- Tweave® Durastretch® with DWR
- Nylon Ripstop
- Stretch Construction
Weight: 16.8 oz.
Part No: A5-0111-C03
Made in the USA.
Berry Amendment Compliant.
If you are a government customer and this item is currently Out of Stock, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
I gave it 4 stars, not perfect, but I like it, it is a solid bit of kit.
I am 6'3", 188 lbs.
I normally wear a large tall, I ordered a large long.
Sleeves and body are a good length.
It is close fitting (more on that later).
When I reach forward with both of my arms the ends of the sleeves do not pull back.
When I reach up the bottom comes up to 4" or so below my belly button.
* I am neither muscular nor fat, I just tried it on over a long sleeve t-shirt and a 250? wt fleece jacket and the Rig Light Jacket was binding around my arms.
I can wear it comfortably over two close fitting base layers and a close fitting fairly heavy shirt. I can feel the jacket but it is not uncomfortable.
* I am not generally a big fan of hoods that tuck into collars but I think the Rig Light design is pretty good. I can't tell if it is entirely waterproof, but it is certainly water resistant. I used it on a couple of chilly and windy days and found it very useful. And easy to roll back up into the collar.
OTOH, the hood cord is about 6" longer than it needs to be on both sides. This is a design decision I just don't understand. It requires just a bit of care to ensure the cord ends don't flop out when you put jacket on, but I don't understand why it is necessary / how it would be useful.
* The pockets are all well sized, they hold a fair bit, and all parts of them are easily reachable. The chest and hand pockets are made with mesh so putting anything in that might snag needs to be done with caution. The arm pockets do not have mesh in them.
Great weight and perfect amount of coverage for early spring/fall days. Protects against wind or rain without overheating. I wish there was an option to get it without the velcro (particularly the velcro wrist closures that are not on the earlier versions). Minus one star as the sizing is a little different than other pieces from Beyond, the chest is a little smaller and the arms a little thinner/longer, made for skinnier people than me.That having been said, my regular size still fits, just doesn't leave enough room for layering.
I was impressed by the quality materials and construction. Just a bit disappointed by the lack of a couple of essential features: 1) Pit zips needed, 2) Elasticized waist draw cord needed. For the high price these industry standard features ought to be included to earn 5 stars.
It’s the ultimate layer for all mid to warmer weather!
This is a very lightweight, breathable, and wind resistant jacket that I usetimes use for skiing. Works fine as an outer layer of you're wearing insulation underneath. My only complaint is that the fit is off for me. Both my lochi jacket and my rig light jacket are size large long, but the rig jacket is much shorter on the waist than the lochi, so reaching up exposes my stomach. Would rate this 5 stars if it were a little longer.
Need Help? Contact us with any size or fit questions. 206-767-0307
A5 - Rig Light Jacket
Height 5' 8" - 6' 2"
Short: -2 Inches in Sleeve and Torso
Long: +2 Inches in Sleeve and Torso
Chest Widest part of chest
Sleeve Center back of neck to shoulder seam to sleeve hem edge
Standard True to Size | Active Layering
Expedition Oversized | Static Layering