Light as a feather and crafted with storage in mind. The Ventum Ultralight Cargo K4 Short keeps you cool and moving with breathable, ultralightweight and stretchy construction that packs down in a jiffy, while deep zippered cargo pockets safeguard phones, wallets, small tools and more.
Spandex-blend fabric with 4-way stretch combines with a gusseted crotch to keep you quick and nimble all day long.
Led by a pair of spacious and securely zippered cargo pockets, the six-pocket design provides safe, ample storage for valuables and more.
Ultralightweight construction and top-notch packability allow the entire short to be compactly stowed away when not in use.
K4 - VENTUM
WHEN TO USE
65° F and warmer. Its fast drying material makes it useful when in and around water.
PAIRS GREAT WITH
Baselayers and the K5 - Ventum Hoodie.
BENEFIT OVER OTHER LAYERS
The Ventum line is ultralightweight, making it highly packable, breathable, and fast drying.
Learn more about layering:VIEW SYSTEM BUILDER
Body Material4.28 oz. 86% nylon/14% spandex
PocketsZip cargo pockets with back bellows, zip back pockets with partial frame stitch, jean-style hand pockets
Weight (Size L)8.5oz
Durable Water Repellent (DWR)Yes
Waist ClosureBar Button
Trade Agreements Act Compliant
Designed in Seattle. Imported.
Short Term Review:
1. Lightweight, quick drying, cool (wicking) shorts.
2. Fabric also seems to be wrinkle resistant
3. Pocket design angles work well; it can store a ton, but lies flat when nothing is in it. No “gadget pocket overload”. Pleats aren’t too big and only in the back - good design.
4. Zip pull on cargo pockets are well thought out; very easy to locate / grasp, and seems like it will extend the lifespan of the zipper.
5. Inseam is just right; not too short or long.
6. Internal waistband lining is super comfortable and doesn’t add bulk.
7. Main front button is attached via nylon bar tacked strip, which is always reassuring.
8. Gusset is designed well - not a diamond patch that can rip, but extends from hem-to-hem on the inseam. I imagine this design will stand the test of time.
9. Belt loops seem strong for the lightweight design; probably can take on the heaviest weapon belts.
10. Haven’t tested in salt water swims yet, but plan to.
11. Very staisfied so far; will report back in half a year.
These shorts are great! Super lightweight, breathable, and very comfortable! Whether hiking or wearing around town these are my favorites!
I can't wait to try the pants version
Solid solid product
This is actually my 3rd pair. Use them for hiking. Very light, quick drying and conferable. Secure pockets and very rugged to be so light. They are expensive but you can catch them on sale. You want regret the purchase. By the way I have found Beyonds paints and shorts sizing to be true to size.
Good length, solid material! Will buy again!
Need Help? Contact us with any size or fit questions. 206-767-0307
Ventum Ultralight Cargo K4 Shorts
Height 5' 8" - 6' 2"
Short: -2 Inches Inseam
Long: +2 Inches Inseam
Waist Preferred Pant Waist
Hip 7" Below Preferred Waist
Inseam Regular Crotch to floor
Standard True to Size | Active Layering
Expedition Oversized | Static Layering